Friday, August 26, 2011

New Header

Look at my new header!!!

Greg spent HOURS working on it late last night - a true labor of love - and it looks amazing!  I was feeling pretty blue and he came up with the idea of making a new header as a way to cheer me up.  At first I was working on it but was way out of my league (though if you're looking for a great tutorial on how to design a header using Word, click here).  I desperately needed the design skills he learned while getting his advertising degree!

After trying to use Open Office and Word, he ended up having success in Paint (so old school!).  We saved over our earliest attempts (black background and brighter pink letters) but here's the one that was almost it:


All the little dots and color variations were done by Greg.  Every single dot.  Wow!  We decided to extend the flower on the right all the way down the header so that it now looks like this (the extended pink on the right side gets cut off so it doesn't show):


You might also notice the new "favicon" - the little design next to the blog title in your tab.  That took quite a few attempts to get right too.  Here's a closer look:


We went with the black background for the favicon thinking that it would show up more since it would be reduced to a really small size.  I think we made the right choice.

I love how unique the new design is and how much it blends in with the blog template.  My hubby has a real eye for this stuff!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the header! It doesn't surprise me that Greg was able to help you pull it together - he was always good at that. It looks very "artsy" and so it's perfect for your site!