Friday, September 16, 2011

Murtle the Turtle

My niece's 4th birthday is coming up soon so I've been looking around blogland for something fun that I could make her.  She is a total animal lover (something we definitely have in common!) so I was really excited when I came across a tutorial for a stuffed fabric turtle on Make It and Love It.

After looking through my fabric stash I decided to use a fun blue and white pattern for the body and scraps from my tank top refashion for the legs, head, and tail.

Here are the pieces ready to be assembled:

Can you see how it's going to come together?

And here's Murtle, stuffed and ready to go!


How cute is that?  I love the sweet little "tattoos" on the tail and scattered around the legs and head.
View from above


Murtle was easier to make than Pippa and Rascal since there were less details to worry about.  If you are interested in making stuffed toys, Murtle would be a good one to start with.  Few pieces, simple constructions, and no hand-sewing of facial features.

Now I just hope that my sweet niece loves Murtle as much as I do!

1 comment:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up ti Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com