Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simple Meaningful Art


I framed this "To Do" list last spring to write on with dry-erase markers, but quickly realized it was easier to write my to dos on the giant mirror that hung on the wall nearby (ala YHL).  So after months of not using it, I was ready to make a change.
I've been reading this awesome book by John Piper and came across a quote that I loved and wanted to hang on my wall as a constant reminder.
So I grabbed my favorite book of scrapbook paper (which I've used to make a baby book and tons of stationary)...


...and got to work.

The first step involved cutting out a piece of scrap paper with the right dimensions for the frame, folding it into 4 equal sections, and practicing spacing my words out evenly.


It took a few tries, which is why you can see pencil and marker on my practice sheet.  Next I cut out a properly sized piece of scrap book paper, and carefully wrote the quote down.


And here's the final product!


I love the way it constantly points me toward eternal things.  I don't want to waste my short life on things that will not last into eternity.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

I got that in my journal :)

I love your blog and most of all I love YOU!

<3