Thursday, August 25, 2011

Meet My Machine



Isn't she a beauty?  I haven't seen a lot of other people using Kenmore sewing machines but I love mine.  My parents gave her to me for my birthday this year and they got a great deal because Sears was getting rid of all of their sewing machines.

What makes her so great?  Well, she has enough features that I have every type of stitch and presser foot I could possibly need at this stage in my sewing ability but not too many that I'm overwhelmed.  I also love that she doesn't have a drop-in bobbin set up because I hear that it's hard to use elastic thread with a drop-in bobbin and I'm a big elastic thread fan.  And there's a great handle on top and hidden storage compartment on the bottom.  She also came with a great instruction manual that taught me a lot!  I was really intimidated when I first opened the box!

When not in use I keep her in this cabinet that Greg and I rescued from the side of the road a few years ago.  Our kitty Hope loves it when I take the machine out and leave the doors open.

See my iron and sewing machine peddle behind her?

Close-up:  Love that fluff!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom bought me a Kenmore sewing machine after we got married but I'm embarrassed to say that I never used it very much, other than to use the cabinet it was in to store things on! I wish now that I hadn't gotten rid of it!