Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baby Bib

It's been a busy week getting ready to go away for a weekend fall retreat (can't wait!).  I haven't had any time to work on my current project so I thought I'd show you something I made this summer for a dear friend.... I'm typing as I scarf down my lunch.

My husband and I were given the honor of being asked to be godparents for a little lady that will be arriving sometime next month.  This is our first god-child and we are so excited to meet her and lavish her with love!  I wanted to make something special to give her momma at the baby shower.

I found a really cute tutorial for bibs made out of graphic t-shirts here.
Picture from alittletipsy.com

But I didn't have any cool graphic tees that I could use - so I changed things up a bit with the fabric, but basically followed the tutorial step by step.

I used a pinkish (salmon?) color for the front and a soft black t-shirt for the back.  I wasn't sure if the pink on the front would be absorbent enough but it's there for looks and the bib is reversible =)  It looked a little blah so I add a heart to the front.  I just opened up Word and searched the symbols until I found a heart that I liked.  Sewing the heart on was definitely the most time consuming part - not necessarily hard, just time consuming.  I used the steps for applique that I learned in Stitch by Stitch.

What do you think of the final product?



Can't wait to see her in it!

1 comment:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Cute! Great job.
Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com