Sunday, September 4, 2011

T-shirt Refashion #2

This one was much more simple.  I made it from one of my husband's old t-shirts from college.  It only took a few simple steps:

1.  I laid a well-fitting tank top over the t-shirt (turned in-side out), matching up the bottom hems.

2.  I traced the outline of the tank-top onto the t-shirt in marking chalk.  Then I adjusted the neck-line in the front because I was going for more of a v-neck.

3.  I cut it out my new tank-top, hemmed around the arm holes and neck, and sewed it together along the sides and shoulders.

I really like the way this one fits.  It's a little more snug so it doesn't pillow on the sides.  Also the fabric is awesome because the t-shirt is very old and super soft.

 Here's a closer look at the neck-line.  It's more flattering than the original t-shirt was.

This whole project probably took me about 20 minutes.  Loved it.

No comments: