Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recipe: Café Olé

I love a plain cup of coffee, but some days it's fun to put a little something extra in it.  I've been making Café Olé for years but I have no idea where I got the name or the idea... which probably means my sister taught it to me at some point!

Ingredients:
Coffee
Cream
Sugar
Cinnamon
Cocoa Powder

Pour yourself a cup of coffee and prepare it to taste like you usually would (cream, milk, sugar, Splenda... whatever you like).  I always use Half n' Half and sugar.

Stir in some cinnamon and cocoa powder to taste.  I don't measure mine but I probably use about a 1/2 tsp. of each.

That's it!  One of the great things about Café Olé is that it's fast and flexible.  Some days I only use cinnamon or only cocoa powder, and right now I'm drinking a mug full made from yesterday's coffee.  Normally I hate leftover coffee but we're out of coffee beans and when I turn it into Café Olé I can't tell that it's not freshly brewed!

No comments: