Saturday, October 22, 2011

Easter Basket to Anytime Basket

Last Easter I was feeling pretty blue.  We weren't able to go to church because my hubby couldn't be in big crowds yet (and church is always crowded on Easter) and we couldn't visit our families either.  Two awesome things happened though: we watched an amazing live church service from Mars Hill Church and Pastor Mark Driscoll, and my husband surprised me with an Easter egg hunt that culminated in this special Easter basket filled with treats:


After 6 months admiring it and being reminded of my Easter surprise, I decided that I needed to do a little updating to make it match our decor a little better. 

First, I un-threaded the orange and gold ribbon that ran around the middle of the basket.  It actually wasn't even glued in so it was very easy to do!  Then I pulled out my set of craft paints and painted over the butterflies and the pink strips.  It took multiple coats (and a very small paint brush) but this is the end result:


And now for a close-up:


I love how it matches my bookshelf and that I can now enjoy it in all seasons!


I'm still not sure what to do with the extra baskets sitting inside of it - and I'm hoping to make some fabric flowers to put in that vase... eventually!

No comments: