Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easy Art and Updated Storage

I adore this idea from Nesting Place blog today.  Wrapping shoe boxes with paper, fabric, etc. to make art.

Here's the picture from Nesting Place:


Love that!

This weekend I did something similar - not to make art but to update some ugly storage on our desk.  Months ago I took a cardboard box and covered it with masking tape, hoping that it would just be a nice, unnoticeable beige.  It looked like this:


Not the best.  And why I chose to write in such big letters in the middle of the box is beyond me.  Though it used to be oriented a different way so the words weren't sideways.

So I turned it into this:

Here are my steps to updated storage:

1.  Cut out a piece of scrapbook paper so that it is approximately 1 inch larger on each side than the box top.  Glue on to top of box using Tacky glue.  Put extra glue on all four sides, approximately one inch from the top.



2.  Fold down extra paper so that it sticks to sides.  Repeat on the bottom.

3.  Put glue on one side of box.


4.  Cut out piece of scrapbook paper so that it is the exact dimension of the side that is glue and lay over glue, smoothing it down.  Repeat on all four sides.





Much better!

No comments: