Sunday, November 13, 2011

Baking Bread

I recently learned how to bake bread... actually using yeast... from scratch.  I'd been intimidated by this for years but always wanted to try!  And let me encourage you - it is MUCH easier than I ever imagined!  You don't have to be Martha Stewart or Paula Dean to be successful =)


Deliah's Pumpkin Nut swirled bread

I would highly recommend any of these bread baking tutorials.  They give simple step by step directions, and best of all they show awesome, inspiring pictures!

Here are some pictures of me making Dana from MADE's Braided Bread (with cinnamon sugar):








Dana's lovelier bread

Pumpkin nut swirl - yum!!

Pioneer Woman does them right.  Soooo yummy!
I've made these cinnamon rolls a few times for various events and everyone loves them!  I don't have any pictures of the ones I've made... they didn't last long enough to take a picture!  I did change the icing recipe a bit, leaving out the maple and adding vanilla just because of my personal preferences.  They are even easier to make than the breads above because you don't have to knead the dough at all!

No comments: